December is a busy month for a toy store, and this December at Veach’s is no exception! We have several things going on we would like to share with you:
- Polar Express Night at Veach’s is Friday, December 6, 7-8pm. Kids are invited to come in their pajamas and enjoy a book reading and hot chocolate & cookies. Sign-up in the store to attend (or call the store to be put on the list). Cost: please bring a canned food item (or other non-perishable) which will be donated to an area food pantry.
- Come downtown Saturday, December 7 at 4pm for the Annual Holiday Parade! This parade gets bigger and better every year and last year was incredible! Enjoy this holiday tradition in downtown Richmond and remember: there is plenty of free parking in the city parking garage which has entrances on South 7th and 8th Streets, directly behind Veach’s with an entrance to Veach’s back door.
- We are working with Kicks 96 for Kash for Kids 2013. We will have a live remote at Veach’s on Friday, December 13 from 4-6pm. At the radio remote, you can pick up passes to attend Kash for Kids on December 19 at Fricker’s for a chance to win prizes and cash! Listen to or visit Kicks 96 for details.
- Santa will visit his favorite toy store (Veach’s!) on Saturday, December 14 and 21 from 12 noon-2:30pm. Bring your Christmas list and your camera!
- As always, we do free gift wrapping, free layaway, and on Friday nights from 5-9pm you can save 10%. See the store for details.
- Veach’s store hours for the holiday season are: Sunday 12-5; Monday-Thursday 10am-7pm; Friday 10am-9pm; Saturday 9am-6pm.
- We are working with G101.3 to participate in the Toys for Tots campaign, and we are a Toys for Tots collection site.
AND, for our annual wintertime Family Game Days: We will be doing Family Games this year in conjunction with the Richmond Ice Festival, on January 31 and February 1; and on March’s First Friday — March 7. Be sure to put these dates in your calendar as our Family Game Days are very popular! Folks of all ages enjoy learning new games as we set up stations where you can learn to play a new game — give a new game a “test drive” to see if you like it, or just spend time having fun at Veach’s for a while.